The project titled ‘ Enhancing Diabetes Education and Care in Ogun State – WDF- 1527’ has been operational since October 2016.
The following milestones have been reached:
1. 505 Primary Healthcare workers have been trained on Diabetes Care.
2. 4,996 individuals have been screened for diabetes in the participating 100 PrimaryHealthcare Centres..
3. 4,056 individuals have beenscreened for Hypertension in the participating 100 Primary Healthcare Centres..
4. 25,000 glucometer strips, 200 glucometres, 100 blood pressure monitors, 1,000 monofilaments have been purchased and distributed to the 100 participating Primary Healthcare Centres.
5. 2,000 training manuals have been produced while 605 of these have so far been distributed.
6. 100 Primary Healthcare Centres were strengthened by training of their staff and equipping them with Glucose Monitors, monofilaments, training manual and Blood presure monitors.
2, 000 copies were produced. Each participating Primary healthcare Centre had one copy for the generality of the staff while each of the participating 505 primary healthcre workers had a copy each