The day to day activities of the Center at its Isara Clinical Facility is overseen by a Community Health Officer, with the assistance of three Community Health Extension Workers; a Laboratory Technologist and a Clerical Officer. A part-time Diabetes Health Professional, who doubles as Consultant to the Center and its Coordinator, coordinates the overall activities of the Center and holds his weekly Clinical Consultation at the facility. He is responsible to the FOUNDER of the Center, who is the Chairman of the Board of Trustees.
TDC, A HEALTH EDUCATION TRAINING AND RESEARCH FACILITY
With the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding with the Olabisi Onabanjo Universityin September 2016, "The Project", known and referred to as the: Talabi Diabetes Center, Olabisi Onabanjo University was established. This makes the Center a Health Education Training and Research Extension of the Olabisi Onabanjo University and a Diabetes Primary Health Center facility for support by the Obafemi Awolowo College of Health Sciences.
"The Project" has a 7-member Board of Trustees, made up of:
• Chairman---Representative of Talabi Diabetes Center
• Members---Three (3) Representatives, one of which must be the Provost, College of Medicine Olabisi Onabanjo University; the Medical Director of the Teaching Hospital and another appointee of professorial status to enrich the Board
• Member---A member of the public nominated/appointed by the Talabi Diabetes Center from the Diabetes Association of Nigeria.
• Members: Two representatives appointed by Talabi Diabetes Center with consideration for the quality of their intellectual/professional experience or contributions to the overall administration/management of The Project.
• Adviser /Secretary (non-voting)—Project Director Medical.