The Center’s programs are community based and primary healthcare oriented. It has adopted the strategy of mobilizing the grassroots through sustainable initiatives. The strategies are categorized into:
A. Short Term, which includes:
• Continuous awareness campaigns/outreaches about diabetes and its consequences.
• Continuous educational programs that will empower sufferers to effectively and efficiently self- manage their situations.
• Constant education on preventive practices.
• Carefully programed training of various levels of healthcare providers with attention and priority on primary care level.
• Counseling patients and monitoring their progress.
• Periodic community diabetes and hypertension sensitization for:
1. Early detection and counseling
3. Education on preventive practices.
B. Medium/Long Term, which includes:
• The gradual introduction of innovative, well designed and scientifically executed clinical researches into local herbs and foods that will enhance diabetes management.
• Diabetes Advocacy Drive for sufferers in Ogun State. (READ MORE...)
• The development of a Health Retreat Arm to the facility where patients and non-patients alike, can enhance their lives peacefully with nature.
For this future development, 19,458 hectares of woodland has been secured for:
• Recreational facilities
• Conference Center complex
• Cultivation of mixed farms including herbs (link to Plans of the Centre layout at WHO WE ARE)