The mission of the Center is to make a difference in the fight against diabetes.
Our vision is to overcome diabetes through the development of a sustainable, cost-effective and user-friendly intervention management strategy.
- The enhancement of the lives of people living with diabetes through awareness creation, education and empowerment with the where-with-al to manage the condition.
- Prevent or at least delay its onset in those that are pre-disposed to the condition.
- Prevent or at least delay the onset of the consequences/complications of the condition.
- Serve as a Center of Exchange with national and international institutions.
- Embark on advocacy drive for diabetics, especially in Ogun State, by collaborating with related institutions and partnering with the government, to come up with acceptable and workable Guidelines for Diabetes Prevention and Management.
The Center’s programs are community based and primary healthcare oriented. It has adopted the strategy of mobilizing the grassroots through sustainable initiatives. The strategies are categorized into:
A. Short Term, which includes:
- Continuous awareness campaigns/outreaches about diabetes and its consequences.
- Continuous educational programs that will empower sufferers to effectively and efficiently self- manage their situations.
- Constant education on preventive practices.
- Carefully programed training of various levels of healthcare providers with attention and priority on primary care level.
- Counseling patients and monitoring their progress.
- Periodic community diabetes and hypertension sensitization for:
- Early detection and counseling
- Advice/monitor management
- Education on preventive practices.
B. Medium/Long Term, which includes:
- The gradual introduction of innovative, well designed and scientifically executed clinical researches into local herbs and foods that will enhance diabetes management.
- Diabetes Advocacy Drive for sufferers in Ogun State. Read more
- The development of a Health Retreat Arm to the facility where patients and non-patients alike, can enhance their lives peacefully with nature.
For this future development, 19,458 hectares of woodland has been secured for:
- Recreational facilities
- Conference Center complex
- Mixed farms including herbs cultivation.